jueves, 15 de noviembre de 2012

Blog Post 8 (week 11) > Themed/Free post 3


Dear Students, today's themed post is How you see yourselves in 2 years.





You can mention the following thins:
-your goals for 2 years.
-The changes your life will experience.
-What you are doing right now to make those goals/changes possible.

-Challenges you will/have encounter(ed) in the process.

- Comments: Ask students to leave a comment on 3 of their classmates posts
- Word Count: 260 words

Here you have my post:



After you graduate, many things start to get settled in your life, so right now, there aren’t as many things as there were some year ago that I could tell you about the matter. If I had been asked the same questions back in the day, I would have run off for sure. However, goal setting, learning and personal development are an ongoing process that even though may vary its shades, it never ceases.
My main, or most tangible goal right now is to finish my master`s program – and I’m going hill down, heck yeah!!!– and that might bring some professional opportunities that may be obvious to anyone: salary raises, an even more suitable profile, etc.
Right now, I’m undergoing the third semester out of four, but I’m outlining the completion of it in five. This semester, I need to pass a Discourse Analysis seminar which is been one of the subjects with more reading assignments. Next semester, I need to take Methodology of Investigations and start doing my own research.
The challenges might also be obvious to you: less sleep, more work, therefore, more stress, less quality family time and fewer chances to hang out with my friends. Some assignments are hard to handle due to the level abstraction required, the amount of reading and writing to cover, and the complexity of the productive tasks themselves. But even though, my pals and I joke about the loss of a life and how nasty things get, we all know we are doing this because we have chosen to, and we all carry an inner drive to face the strife, and when things make sense and you realize what you can reflect about, the feeling pays off.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario