martes, 6 de noviembre de 2012

Post 7 (Week 9) >> HOW GREEN ARE YOU?


Dear Class:

The following is what you have to include in this week's post:

- Where do people learn about enviromentally friendly practices?
- Have you incorported recycling into your habits? Describe
- Do you use a bike or your legs instead of a car?
- Have you joined or supported any eco-organisations? Why/Why not?
- What else have you done /would you like to do?
- What have you done to reduce your carbon footprint?
 
- What's missing in our society/Santiago regarding this issue?

Number of words: 250 - 280
Don't forget to make comments on at least 3 of your classmates posts.
Good luck.

Here's my post:

I don’t believe Santiago is a place that has many public places to develop environmental awareness. But I guess there’s a lot of emphasis on the subject on the social networks, such as Twiiter and Facebook. School should be places where this is taught, but even though there are some which worry about sustainability and that sort of eco-friendly concept, there are many which do not show much interest in it.
Regarding recycling, I have to admit that I do not do much about it, but since I started changing the oil to my bike by myself, I’ve been looking for things to do with it, because I know such chemicals cause a lot of damage to the planet.
When it comes to transport, I have to say that this which I learned motorbikes are on of the most pollutant vehicles, so I cannot say I watch much for the planet in these terms. I’d love to ride a bicycle to get around Santiago, but I wouldn’t be able to reach the different and distant places I need to go.
I’m the kind of person who don’t do many things to clean the planet, but I do try to keep it clean, I mean, I never through garbage in places I’m not supposed to, I also watch over nature, and don’t harm animals nor plants. I don’t watch my carbon footprint either, but it would be important to turn into that stuff.
I think Santiago needs to give people the changes to start doing more things. Some cities offer ways to classify garbage for example. It also needs better regulations in terms of factories, and most of us need to start thinking a bit greener, don’t you think so?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario